Agape International Missions (AIM), founded by Don and Bridget Brewster, is a nonprofit organization working to help girls caught up in the child sex trade in Cambodia. AIM co-funds the Svay Pak-based rehabilitation center for formerly prostituted children. *Svay Pak is a place where up to 90% of children are forced into prostitution.
* for the rescue and restoration of the countless number of children who have become victims of sexual trafficking.
* for an increase in AIM resources – human, financial, and infastructural – to be dedicated to meeting the needs of victims.
<As of Nov 13, 2017>
SIGN UPS ARE NOW OVER
We have reached our maximum capacity.
Season of Thanksgiving is coming up!
Crossway will be having our annual Thanksgiving Lunch on November 26th after the Sunday service.
Location: Current Church Building 3rd Floor
Your seats are only secured upon payment.
Payment due Wednesday Nov 15th & non-refundable afterwards.
Please sign up below to reserve your seats! & wire the payment fee to CMC Bank Account :)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm sign up & payment.
* It is important to receive confirmation email to ensure your seats are secured
Adults: 15,000 won / Students: 10,000 won /
Children 5 and above: 5,000 won / Children 4 and under: Free
* Sign Up Deadline is November 12th
Crossway Mission Church
873-910006-58805 (Hana Bank)
Our next SALT meeting for all who serve in a ministry at Crossway will be coming up on Saturday November 4th at 10:30am at our COEX location. This monthly gathering will be a time for leadership training, prayer, and updates on our church. See you there! :)
HOPE Be Restored stands for “Helping the Oppressed and Prisoners of injustice Escape and Be Restored”.
Hope Be Restored seeks to bring freedom for the oppressed and restoration to lives that have been effected by human trafficking in Korea and around the world. Their fight for freedom involves 6 key areas: 1. Releasing Intercessors 2. Raising Awareness 3. Research and Investigation 4. Relationship Building and Networking 5. Restoration and Healing 6. Rescue and Prevention
* for the freedom of all who are involved: the victims, the perpetrators and the customers. Each of them is in need of freedom from the sin that binds them.
* for human authorities and influence - those in a position to actively support, tacitly allow, abolish or otherwise address modern-day slavery.
MISSIONS PRAYER FOCUS: North Korea 'Moving Multiple Missiles in Preparation for Launch as Protest Against US Show of Military Strength’
North Korea has been spotted moving multiple missiles sparking fears they are preparing a fresh launch, it has been reported. A US spy satellite captured images of missiles mounted on launchers being moved out of a hangar near the capital Pyongyang on Friday, it is claimed. American and South Korean intelligence agencies are now preparing for the Kim Jong-un regime to carry out a new provocation in defiance of worldwide condemnation. It had been expected the most likely date for a new missile launch would be October 10, the anniversary of Kim’s political party. However the new satellite images suggest Kim will go ahead with another test of its intercontinental ballistic missiles. A source told South Korean newspaper The Dong-A Ilbo: “The North may carry out a simultaneous launch of ICBM and IRBM within a few days in protest against the U.S.’s show of military might.” [mirror.co.uk]
Please pray :
* for the wisdom of world leaders in dealing with North Korea.
* for Christians currently facing intense persecution.
* that God will be glorified even though the North Korean government is in direct opposition to the spread of he gospel.
Most of the Jawa Banyumasan people make their living from farming, and they are fairly advanced in agricultural production. The majority are Muslim, however, most are nominal Muslims. The other one-fifth are serious Muslims who strictly follow Islamic teachings and are faithful in worship. In addition, there are some Jawa Banyumasan who follow animistic beliefs. They believe there are spirits that come from the unseen world. The majority of the Jawa Banyumasan people are Muslim, although most are not strongly committed to Islam. [joshuaproject.net]
Please pray :
* that the Christians in this people group will grow in maturity and numbers such that they can carry the good news of Christ to their own people.
* for the Followers of Christ - There are followers of Christ among the Jawa Banyumasan people. Pray they will be faithful to fellowship together, encouraging each other and teaching each other. Pray they will be zealous to be real disciples of Christ.
* for the Entire People Group - The Jawa Banyumasan people still need assistance to increase their agricultural production. They need more dams; a better irrigation system would help them harvest more than three times as much per year. Development of new industry is still needed outside the city of Cilacap.
Government officials in China’s central Henan province closed down a Christian-run institution dedicated to teaching children good morals, with allegations that its religious component was “brainwashing” the students. National security officers had confiscated the textbooks that were being used for the home-based academy which offered theology classes for children. Such prohibitions on teaching religion to children are common in China, despite the Chinese Constitution’s guarantee that all citizens have the right to enjoy freedom of belief. The government has further enforced its prohibition on children attending religious events in the revised edition of its “Regulations on Religious Affairs” which is scheduled to take effect next February. [vomcanada.com]
Please pray :
• that these believers will not be discouraged by the strict regulations but rather further compelled to obey His command by teaching their children His Word at every opportunity.
• for Lord to change the hearts of those in governing authority, that they may be moved by the powerful witness of these Chinese believers.
News and Announcements for Crossway Mission Church