Gordon College is an evangelical non-denominational Christian college located in Massachusetts. As a Christian institution whose students, faculty and staff represent over 40 denominations. Gordon retains a commitment to integrating faith and learning, a heritage once embraced by many esteemed New England institutions.
* that the students/missionaries would be strengthened by the grace of Christ; pray that they would stand on the promises of God and derive their confidence from the past, present, and future triumph of Christ.
* that God will open doors of ministries, blessing partnerships and friendships.
A North Korean defector who is assisting underground churches in the communist regime has said that Christianity continues to thrive in the country despite the intense persecution of dissenters. The Christian population in North Korea saw a significant increase from 37,000 in 2012 to between 200,000 and 400,000 today. The State Department has noted that the number of Christians in the communist state could be higher. "In the past, the people were told to worship the Kim family as their god, but many North Koreans no longer respect Kim Jong-Un. That means they are looking for something else to sustain their faith," the defector told the Telegraph.
Please pray for:
* the Church to persevere and multiply amid horrible persecution.
* Truth to reign and liberate the nation from the regime's indoctrination and lies.
Our next SALT meeting for all who serve in a ministry at Crossway will be coming up THIS Saturday April 1st at 10:30am at our COEX location. This monthly gathering will be a time for leadership training, prayer, and updates on our church. See you there! :)
The Tanaoli are one of the several mountain ethnic groups living along the lines of communication that connect Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, China, and India. These groups have an unusual and ancient culture, and live in beautiful surroundings. Their social structures emphasize the strength of blood ties. Their communal life is ruled by fairly strict rules of honor and arbitration by authorities. The Tanaoli live in the central pre-Himalayan mountains to the north of the Punjab. The Tanaoli live in an area that is difficult to enter, because of the terrain and because of the political and religious situation.
* for the Followers of Christ : There are probably no followers of Jesus among the Tanaoli today, but pray for the ones that the Lord will soon draw to himself. Pray they will have Scripture available, as well as other study materials. Pray they will be without any kind of impurity, or greed.
* for the Entire People Group : Pray for peace and stable conditions for the Tanaoli people, and for the ability to care adequately for their families.
In early July, Pastor Bakhrom Kholmatov was sentenced to three years' imprisonment by the Khujand City Court in Tajikistan's Sogd Region for allegedly "singing extremist songs in church and inciting religious hatred." Officials have threatened the pastor's family, friends and church members with reprisals if they reveal any details of his case, trial or imprisonment. The 42-year-old pastor of Sunmin Sunbogym (Full Gospel) Protestant Church (located in Khujand) was first held in custody by the National Security Committee (NSC) secret police after his April 10th arrest. While on trial, Pastor Bakhrom had been detained at a police detention center. However, he was more recently moved to an unknown prison) on May 26th.
* that Pastor Bakhrom will continue to draw strength from our Almighty God, who alone is able to truly save and deliver (Psalm 34:17).
* for all the members of our Christian family in Tajikistan, asking the Lord, who is a mighty stronghold, to intervene on behalf of His persecuted people.
* for the officials involved, praying that their hearts will be turned towards Christ through the living witness of these persevering believers.
Our next membership class will be on Sunday August 20th.
There is a KRW 15,000 fee to cover the costs of lunch and materials.
Please email Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org to register by August 13th.
Sign up today and take the first step in committing to Crossway Mission Church!
News and Announcements for Crossway Mission Church