Experiencing community through Life Groups is a vital part of our ministry at Crossway. We are currently preparing for the Fall semester and are looking for leaders for these small groups. If you have small group leadership experience and would like to serve in this way, please contact Ellen at: email@example.com
For those who are interested in being a part of HOPE Be Restored, we will begin a prayer and study group, going through Pastor Eddie's Book Justice Awakening. The first meeting will be August 14. Please register by contacting Jeena at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need purchase a book, the cost will be KRW 10,000.
"Not my crime, still my sentence." We are excited to announce the launch of a new ministry branch of Hope Be Restored called Invisible Chains. This is a ministry aimed at serving the children of prisoners in South Korea. Currently there are over 50,000 children who's parent(s) are in jail. While there have been ministries reaching out to prisoners, until now, there has been nothing for their children. So from today, HBR and Crossway Mission Church will begin serving these vulnerable groups of Korea.
How can you help?
1. Mentor (Big Brother/Big Sister): We are looking for men and women to serve at mentors (or big brothers and big sisters) to these children. To meet with them for an hour to two each month, for several years, sharing life together and sharing the love of Jesus.
2. Petition: Sign our petition, asking the Korean government to allow more access for the children to see and spend time with their parent(s) in prison. Currently, they are only allowed to see their parent 3 times a year. This petition is seeking a law change, allowing the child to see their parent as often as they wish.
3. Sew: If you enjoy sewing or are willing to learn, sewing is a simple way to serve them. There are stuffed animals (teddy bears) that need your help to be sewn so that we can give them to these children as gifts at various family camps.
4. Key Chains: You can also purchase a key chain for KRW 5,000 that will go towards this ministry.
5. Volunteer: There are one-day family camps held each month in different parts of Korea where children and their parents can spend time together and deepen their relationship. If you can make yourself available at these camps to be a staff member to serve, that would also be greatly appreciated.
6. Give: Financial donations are also always welcome. Please email us letting us know that you'd like your donation to be give for the Invisible Chains ministry.
7. Pray: Please pray for these children who carry with them a great deal of pain and heartache. Many of them, if they are unable to find a positive role model and a place of healing, become very vulnerable to some dangerous paths in Korea.
If you'd like to help in any of these ways or have other questions, please email: email@example.com
If you can volunteer for the annual Orphanage Ministry Soccer Camp from Aug 8-10, please email the address above. It will be a wonderful time to serve and bless some of the orphans of Korea!
We will have our first membership class for Crossway Mission Church on Sunday July 31st at 1pm. Cost will be KRW 15,000 to cover the cost of lunch and materials. Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24th to reserve your spot!
If there are any changes due to weather, we will post status updates on our Crossway Facebook Page.
News and Announcements for Crossway Mission Church